Stack may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/2018 in accordance with current Data Protection legislation.
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide, that relates directly to you by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site where registration is required, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services from us.
- We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- Demographic information such as postcode.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Depending on the product/service you are interested in you may be asked to provide bank details and/or insurance, financial credit or bankruptcy history.
How we collect your data
We may collect your data by:
- Written forms
- Via the internet including online forms or emails
- Via Telephone
- In person
We may receive your information from any member of our group (Danieli Holdings Ltd) and its subsidiaries.
How we use your data
- We may use your information:
- For Internal record keeping
- To action a request from yourself
- To Improve our products and services
- To notify you about changes to our service
- For customer satisfaction purposes
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, to contact you for market research purposes or to improve our products and services. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- For administration of management and personnel
- For administration purposes within the Danieli Group Ltd
How we gather your data
We gather your information
- When you complete an online form
- Request a service from us
- When you subscribe to our services
How long will we store your data?
we will not store your personal data for longer than necessary for the performance of our contract and/or for achieving one of the other above-mentioned purposes. Please notice that The Muddler may also be legally obliged to store your personal data for a minimum time period to comply with statutory requirements.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is stored on secure servers and will not be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It will not be processed by staff or suppliers operating outside the EEA.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group (Danieli Holdings Ltd) and its
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your
personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Stack and part/ all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held
by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal
obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements; or to protect the
rights, property, or safety of Stack, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging
information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and
credit risk reduction.
How you decide how you want to hear from us
- We will always seek to explain how and why we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by post, email, phone or text.
- We will provide the means for you to withhold your permission for us to contact you. We will do this by using opt-in boxes or unsubscribe options.
- If there are no tick boxes it is because we will not use your information for any other purpose than which you give it.
- If you have signed up to receive promotions by text, to stop this, please reply STOP to the last
message you received.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating
system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our
advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized
access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to
safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address at the bottom of this policy
- You can update your preferences by writing to the address at the bottom of this policy
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Your right to be forgotten
- You can request at any time that we remove your details from our database if one of the following apply
- when the processing was based on your consent and you have decided to withdraw that consent
- When your data is no longer necessary for achieving the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed
- when you objected to the processing of your data for direct marking purpose
- when you objected to the processing of your data and it appeared upon verification that your rights, freedoms or personal interests prevail over our legitimate interests
- when your personal data have been unlawfully processed (e.g. because your consent was not validly obtained)
- when your personal data have to be erased in compliance with a legal obligation to which The Muddler is subject
you can request to be forgotten, in writing to us at the address at the bottom of this policy.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible at the address at the bottom of this policy and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data Protection Officer
Gosforth Park Avenue
Newcastle upon Tyne